Официальная руссификация прошивок (+)

Основной форум пользователей GPS (Global Positioning System)
Правила форума
Для предотврашения спама первые сообщения вновь зарегистрированных пользователей проходят ручную премодерацию.
Olexa

Re: Текст сообщения и ссылка для его отправки

Сообщение Olexa » 26 май 2006, 11:39

Я, конечно, понимаю, как не любит любая служба поддержки читать не лаконичные письма, но не удержался. :-))) Dear Garmin, At first, I would like to THANK YOU VERY MUCH for making possible to save active track log to microSD card in x series of GPSmap 60/76 products! It saves me and other users from buying Palms or PocketPCs for saving active track log (with timestamp in track points for analyzing trip passing, determinig digital photos locations, etc.) in long autonomous trips, and carrying all additional delicate stuff (the pocket itself, its batteries, cables, etc.). THANK YOU A LOT! :-))) Next, as soon as your look user-oriented and implementing new essentinal features, I would like to kindly ask you for two more things: First, it would be really nice to make it possible to save trip computer summary (trip odometer, times, speeds, maximum and minimum elevations, accetns and descents for S series, and so on) in some text format to calendar, or to microSD card. It might be manual, or automatic on daily basis, as you do it for saving active tracklog to microSD card. It would free users from writing down statistics during trips (for those who do it). Second, it would be nice to add Cyrillic alphabet support in maps, both for viewing and search. I know that you don't make any maps for regions, where alphabet is Cyrillic, but you partners, listed on your web site (http://www.garmin.com/cartography/mpc/), do. It's uncomfortable for local users to use maps with labels, transliterated into Latin alphabet, but moreover, it is much more uncomfortable for users from Latin alphabet regions, who visit those countries, because they just cannot confront transliterated names with real Cyrillic names (on street nameboards, road signs, pointers, maps, etc.), because they do not know, how Cyrillic is read, how to transliterate it, and how to de-transliterate it back. Even confronting it orally (by reading transliteration in English, for example) in conversations with local people is almost impossible: it does not sound like original, and local people would not understand it. Curiously, it's easier to try to read it right from Cyrillic, or just show Cyrillic name to the man who you are asking (transliteration is unfamiliar for most peolple, except of computer geeks). I don't care about Russian or Ukrainian interface languages. Moreover, I would be disappointed a bit if map search in Cyrillic would be possible only when corresponding interface language is selected, because I'm comfortable with English interface, and I don't like to struggle with incrorrect translations. It would be nice if search alphabet is selected basing on alphabet, available in current map. Interface localization is much more complex task than just adding Cyrillic support to maps. Of course, interface localization might rise up sales in corresponding countries, but making your devices more convenient for people in those countries, and other people, who visit those countries, as also important task. Yours sincerely, Olexa Riznyk

Anonym

Сообщение Anonym » 26 май 2006, 12:07

Молодец.
Был бы еще сдвиг от этого...

Olexa

Сообщение Olexa » 26 май 2006, 16:02

Капля камень точит :-)

Anonym

Ответили

Сообщение Anonym » 30 май 2006, 11:58

Thank you for contacting Garmin Europe Support. We appreciate your comments & opinions regarding our products. I have forwarded your email to the design team as they are always interested on customer feedback. Many of the comments/suggestions we receive (such as yours) are often evaluated towards potential implementation into future GARMIN products or current unit software releases. We cannot guarantee that what you have suggested will occur, however we do appreciate you passing along your opinions. If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us again. When replying to emails, please include any previous email correspondence (AOL users should select the email before clicking Reply). Regards, Nicholas Williams Senior Product Support associate Garmin (Europe) Ltd http://www.garmin.com http://www.garmin.com/support/ Useful Numbers; Sales Support 0870 8501242 Returned Units 0870 8501245

Accel

Re: Ответили

Сообщение Accel » 30 май 2006, 13:08

Как будто робот отвечал. Инфы - 0.

maikl_l

Ответили сегодня

Сообщение maikl_l » 13 июн 2006, 09:07

Но сначала 2 абзаца написали, что инфа конфиденциальная, копировать и приаттачивать нельзя и т.д., поэтому перескажу своими словами:
"Дорогой....
Спасибо за обращение ла-ла-ла.....
В настоящий момент ничего с поддержкой русского не производится......
Но в будущем, может быть в новых моделях появится, а в существующих нет, бла-бла-бла"

Вот так!

Михаил Л.

Ответить